Welcome to Mount Chestnut Nazarene Retreat Center
You Have Meeting and Retreat Needs - Let Us Solve Them For You
Mount Chestnut Retreat Center
A Ministry Of Pittsburgh District Church Of The Nazarene
RV Park Tenants:
The sewer line replacement project is complete! During the excavation, a significant water leak was discovered across the road from Oak Grove to the Staff Dorm. Please use caution when traveling on this part of the road, as the ditch is still settling and there may be sinkholes.
This leak forced us to shut down our entire water system. Upon turning our water on, we were under a boil alert. The boil alert has been lifted as our water sampling tests concluded our water is safe for drinking. The crew worked through snow and rain to finish the project for us to be able to open our RV park for Memorial Day weekend.
So, we are pleased to announce that the RV Park at Mt. Chestnut Nazarene Center (MCNC) will open Friday, May 22, 2020, and plans to remain open through mid-October with the following modifications. These modifications comply with Governor Wolf’s COVID-19 Phased Reopening Plan for PA.
- Social distancing will remain in effect.
- If visiting the District/MCNC office, a mask is required.
- MCNC facilities will remain closed (MPB, lobbies, Dorms, Tabernacle, Dining Hall, etc.)
- The swimming pool, waterslide, volleyball court & playground are closed.
- Public restrooms are NOT available. Special accommodations will be made for site holders who depend upon our bathhouses to camp. Bathhouse accommodations must be made prior to arriving at MCNC. To make bathhouse reservations, please call 724.287.5867 or email [email protected] during our normal office hours.
If at any time Governor Wolf places Butler County back in the red phase, we will close the RV Park. If any member of our staff observes continued violations of the guidelines listed above, the RV Park will have to close.
Additional information, notifications, and updates will be emailed to the email address provided on your annual RV Park Reservation form and posted on our Facebook Page at Mt. Chestnut Nazarene Retreat Center. If you are not receiving email notifications, please send an email requesting to be part of RV Park communications and add [email protected] to your contact list.
Thank you for doing your part to ensure the safety of our neighbors. We hope you enjoy your 2020 camping season here at MCNC. Let’s make the best of the season we are in!
Colleen Baker, Center Administrator
Pittsburgh District Center Camp Board
What Our Visitors Say
All Summer Events and Camps at Mt. Chestnut Nazarene Retreat Center have been canceled.